The following NHFCU accounts are considered non-transaction accounts:
- Share (savings) accounts
- Club accounts
- Money market share accounts
- Certificate accounts
The only account at NHFCU that is considered a "transaction account" is a share draft (checking) account.
Pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone transfers are limited to six per month for non-transaction accounts and include the following:
Pre-authorized payments from a Share, Club, or Money Market Share to pay a third party are included in this limitation. Examples of pre-authorized payments:
Health club membership fees.
Internet online service provider fees.
And other automatic withdrawals sent to third parties.
Each month, there may be no more than six transfers out of a non-transaction account. Transactions that count toward this limit are:
- Money Market Share drafts written in any month, but paid all in the same month. NHFCU rejects transfers from savings without your signature after the sixth transfer each month. We also monitor Money Market Share Accounts at the end of each month to determine whether the limitation is exceeded. There is a fee of $20 per check if more than six transfers are made in a month, and a notice is mailed. If Money Market Share check limitations are exceeded in more than one statement period, the account is subject to closure by the Credit Union and/or drafts may be returned unpaid.
Transfers that are not counted toward the six transfer limit are:
- ATM withdrawals from shares to transfer funds to another NHFCU share, draft, loan account.
- Bill Payments that come out of your Share Draft (checking) account.
- Telephone or DirectLine requests for a check withdrawal.
- Other transfers that have your signature.